Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Leak and Spinach Brussel Sprouts

 


As a kid I use to hate Brussel sprouts, but in the last 5 years or so I started to enjoy them. The biggest thing is how it is cooked. I swear most people that hate them have had them badly cooked. Anyhow, I make a great bacon brussel sprouts. You can use low sodium bacon, to keep salt low.  I also decided to start to use Leeks. They are a mild onion and so good. My husband who is picky how his onions are loves them. 

Ingredients

1 bunch of Brussel sprouts
1 package of bacon
1 bag of spinach raw. 
1 Leek
Garlic

Directions

Dice up your raw bacon and start frying it. Drain some of the grease. Chop up your brussels sprouts, spinach, garlic and leeks. Set aside. When the bacon is almost crispy, add in your vegetables except spinach. You will put spinach in last. Cook till the Brussel sprouts are cooked but not smooshy. Once it's done add in a little bacon grease, and spinach. Cook slightly. You do not want soggy spinach or Brussel sprouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kinders Sauces Review